The Salvation army has many successful programs. These programs wouldn’t be half as successful as they are if it weren’t for our amazing army of volunteers. We can always use more volunteers. Below are a couple of avenues that we can always use more help with year around.
Our food pantry serves around 70 families a month. We take in donations everyday from our amazing community partners. There are three ways to make a difference in pantry:
- volunteers to help sort and stack within the Food Pantry.
- Volunteers are needed to pack food boxes for families.
- Volunteers needed to help raise donations.
Our soup kitchen serves 25-50 people four days a week. This is a way to guarantee that those struggling in our community can get at least one hot meal a day. There are also three different way to help in the soup kitchen:
- Volunteer to help clean up after the meal.
- Volunteers to help serve the meal.
- Volunteers to help prep the meal.
The Salvation Army Thrift stores:
Our Thrift Stores offer quality goods at an affordable price. The thrift stores also make it possible for us to be able to voucher items to those who may not have the ability to afford it themselves. The stores are open six days a week from 9am to 6pm.
- Volunteer to Sort and Stack.
- Volunteer to help clean.
- Volunteer to help pick up deliveries.
If you would like to inquire further on how to volunteer for any of these options or to ask about a new volunteer position please feel free to contact us.